About

History

The Chadstone Bowls Club was formed on 6 March 1958 as a section of the Chadstone Recreation and Civic Club. Located within the Percy Treyvaud Park the two greens were opened in 1959 and the club had 200 members. The existing club house was completed in 1968, a liquor licence was granted and the bar opened in December of that year.

Chadstone has competed in metropolitan pennant since 1960 and continues to be a strong, welcoming and successful club in all aspects of lawn bowls.

The club continues to be run by a committee of members as listed below.

With a proud history of local members of the community who have contributed to the club over many decades, we recognise our Past Committee members, our Club Champions, and further down on this page, our Life Members.

Committee for 2020/2021

The committee for the 2020/2021 season are as follows:

President : Alan Jolly

Secretary: Karen Jolly

Treasurer: Chris Speedy

Directors:

Dan Bohnenkamp

Steve Cook

Gary Fettes

Steve Lister

Nigel Maxwell

Alan Picone

Ray Povey

Mark Vulling

Life Members

2004 Jim Egan

2006 Lauris Clark

2008 Gordan MacKenzie

2012 Robert Dunlop

2018 Maurie Kick

2018 Mary Griffin

2019 Ian Belzer

2019 Maurice Feehan

2019 Peter Griffin

2019 Nigel Maxwell